Lou Walker partners with Janssen Pharmaceutical for “PAD Awareness – Save Legs, Save Lives,” a 2-day screening event/presentation to be held on Thursday, September 21st and Friday, September 22nd from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Peripheral Artery Disease is characterized by a narrowing of the arteries that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the body. This narrowing, medically known as stenosis, ultimately impairs blood flow. PAD most commonly affects the lower half of the body (called lower- extremity PAD), and occurs when plaques build up in artery walls, narrow the walls, and reduce the flow of blood to the legs and feet.
- All Day Screening for “PAD” – 2 Mobile Units on LWSC Parking Lot (Blood Pressure Testing in Arms & Legs takes approximately 8 minutes. Waiver must be signed to be screened).
- “PAD” Presentation at 1:00pm in Victory Room
- Boxed Lunches will be provided
- Richard Browne, MD, FACC (Thursday, September 21st)
- JaBaris Swain, MD, MPH (Friday, September 22nd)
- What is PAD?
- Why get tested?
- Symptoms and treatment.
- Q&A session